Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Skinny

In three days I will become, Mrs. Stapley. Me, the girl that vowed she would never get hitched before the age of 21. Now here I am getting ready to tie the knot. Its crazy how things work out. So here is the Skinny on how Kurt and Kaylyn became:
Kurt sat behind me my freshman year at Southern Utah University. The class happened to be Calculus One. Yes, math can be romantic. So here is the sad part, neither of us remember meeting each other. Sad, yes I know. But as the school year went on we became acquaintances.
Now for the juicy stuff...how we started dating. Well our first date was an interesting one. Kurt asked me out because my roommate Kadi and I had a bet going. We were trying to see who could get each other a date first. The loser had to wear a dinosaur costume to school. After we both were rejected count less times, Kadi finally got Kurt to ask me on a date. The date was awkward and after that he and I didn't try to date each other. Later I got a boyfriend and he had countless flings (he was a man whore :D).
Fast forward to August of '09. I was in the ELC at SUU. He came up and started talking to me. We had a good little chat then he went to a meeting. That's when things got weird, he started texting me. So I decided to invite him to come play wallie-ball will some friends of mine. Surprisingly he said yes. We played a good game even though my ex was "staring him down" (I personally think that never happened and Kurt just used it as an excuse to talk to me). He then proceeded to ask me out on a date, it which I told him he needed to ask me in person. This resulted in him showing up at my door awkwardly asking me out on a date. Awe cute I know. Anywho, the date was wonderful we went to the county fair and proceeded to be dizzy all night from the rides.
At the end of the night, we had held hands, giggled, and cuddled a little. Kurt thought he was in the clear for the goodnight kiss. He went in and got the response of No. Talk about a good way to end a date right? Yes I am that good. And that was the beginning of our relationship. Since then it as grown. We fell in love really fast and started to plan our lives together. On November eleventh, two thousand and nine he proposed to me, telling me how much he loved me on top of a mountian. And now in three days we are going to be married for time and all eternity in the Mesa, Arizona Temple.
It may sound cheesy but I'm okay with that, but:
I got my knight in shinning armor, and a real fairytale ending to go with him.

2 comments:

  1. How cute are you? So grownup you're even blogging. ;) And let 'em call you cheesy. They're just jealous.

    ReplyDelete